Did/Is your husband taking paternity-leave?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband is allowed up to 12 weeks off, we have decided he will take 4 wks off with me and the baby, and I will be taking a total of 10 weeks.
    It's our first, so we want to really enjoy the time together. I'm so excited! I only have 87 days till the big day!
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• with our daughter he took 2 days off work, this time he don't get paid time off so no, he's not taking any kind of leave, but he said he's sleep & the hospital with me then get up for work :P
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• This is our first together and he has saved up his vacation to take. We're not sure how long he is going to take off yet. It all depends on my recovery.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes. But, here in the UK paternity leave is only 2 weeks. My SO and i are not happy that he doesn't get to spend more time with his first born.
    GrungeMum

Answer by GrungeMum at 9:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My husband takes off 2 weeks every time I have a baby. I have to have c-sections and he stays at home to help those first two weeks, then his mom comes and stays with me for the four weeks following that until I heal well enough to handle the other kids.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• With my 1st my hubs took 2-3 days off. With the 2nd and 3rd he took a week off.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my husband's company allows 1 week. with our first son he didnt know that and took a week's vacation after he was born. he recently found out that he can claim it as some kind of personal time or something... i'm not sure what they call it for his work. But he will most likely get a week again.
    stykir

Answer by stykir at 9:54 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• He did, well, sort of. DD was born Jan 12, he took the rest of January "off", meaning that he worked from home, and went in to the office once a week.
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 9:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• he got 1wk. i dont know if he got paid.. but we where greatful since he just started the job a few mo. before dd was born.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• With our first two my hubby took a week off and with the last 2 days. My mother was living with us at the time our last was born so she was able to help.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 27, 2009