How did you make sure that you were going to BF?

With my first pregnancy I really tried but my son could not latch on. And I was given a lot of free samples of formula. Even Similac send me a box with 8 big bottles on the mail. So I decided to give formula. I return to work and I always felt guilty.
Now we my new pregnancy and staying at home I'm not coming back to work. How did you make sure that you were going to breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you just STICK to it. i went thru the same thing. i gave up too easily bc i had samples of formula and it was just easier. but i regret it all the time. esp since you are staying at home, it'll be a lot easier to get in a routine of doing it. first month is the hardest but after that the milk comes when baby is ready so your not engorged all the time. just tell yourself this is gonna be tough but im gonna stick with it bc its best for my baby and youll be able to :) GL
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I took a class even though i didn't feel it was necessary. I just wanted to see what others had to say and some tricks in case my LO didn't latch properly etc... I had no problems thank goodness. She was a big baby and had no issues with latching or eating. I'm not sure what i would have done if she wouldn't latch maybe pump and bottle feed? i don't know. I'm still Bfing her and she's 12 months i will continue for as long as she wants my next is due at the end of the year and I hope he's as good as she was. good luck!
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2009