contactions?

So I was up a lot in the middle of the night with contractions. They were very irregular and kept waking me up every couple of hours. It was really hard to sit up out of bed, too. OW!

And now this morning, I'm still having crampy off and on contractions. I'm having a lot of pelvic pressure... and I know this may sound weird but I feel like I can feel pressure on my cervix. lol and my hips feel like they're coming apart.

So I tried to check for dilation... and my stomach is so contorted and hard right now, I couldn't really. I can't even tell where my cervix is right now. But I'm pretty sure the baby's head is sitting VERY VERY low that I could feel it at the top. (yet couldn't find the cervix..?)

BUT... no mucous plug yet, no bloody show. Sooo... WTF?

Thoughts?
(oh, and i'm also almost 38 weeks...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmmm...well, count the contractions. esp since theyve been goin on for a long time. you may be in early stages of labor. maybe call your dr and let them know. see what they say. GL!! :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I would call your OB not everyone looses there mucous plug so that's not a sure sign you are in labor. Don't go by that. Also bloody show doesn't happen for all women as they are in labor either. Every women is different. You should go by your contractions. If they are on and off that's not real labor. Real labor contractions DO NOT go away and they only get closer together. Just call and tell them what's going on.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Def put in a call...One of two things will happen: They'll say your fine, try to relax or they'll say let's go have a baby.

My dr was a real jerk the third trimester, said I was in "early labor" from Dec 30-Jan 8 and had "no" dilation/effacement, even though I lost my mucous plug Dec 29. "You're going to make yourself too tired for labor." Whaaaat? I dunno, he was douchebag the whole time. We hated him. NO ONE is, was, or ever will be as THRILLED as I was to find out my dr was out of town for the weekend when I went into labor, lol.
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 10:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Im 39 weeks and going through the same thing. My contrations were regular but they are on and off now. Its so frustrating because im due the 29th. I feel like im so dont with this pregnancy. Good luck!
    missylove916

Answer by missylove916 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I just had my son 3 weeks ago and he was only pushing down most of the day with his feet, which really was hurting, and the at midnight had contractions every 1-2min then hey changed to every 5min. When they changed to every 5min i was on my way to the hospital and when I got there I was already dialated to a 6 and he was still breech so I had a c-section.
    Anonymous