Dog owners; do you have pet insurance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pets

• No. It's not a luxury we can afford. Unfortunately.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• We did for a few years but this year I didn't renew it. My dogs are young and healthy so it really only paid for itself the first year we had them and they were puppies. After all the puppy shots, dewormings, spaying, microchipping, etc., it about came out even that year. Otherwise, it didn't. We have money saved away for a rainy day and if my dogs were to need really expensive care we could always dip into that if need be. We're about to have a baby and we just can't afford $700 this year on vet insurance when we have all the baby stuff to get, too. Plus the main thing I worry about is injuries on the lure coursing field and I don't think the insurance covers injuries that happen when the dog is in an organized sporting event.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• We have been researching it but still have not made a choice yet. We have 9 dogs so im not sure if we would insure some or just a few? I thot it was kind of expensive for us but my husb thinks it mite be a good idea.
    gillacutty

Answer by gillacutty at 2:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No. We can barely afford our own health insurance and have a hard time paying doctor bills. I love my dog tremendously, and we take her to the vet when she's supposed to go, but to have extra insurance for her? Just cannot afford to even consider it!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• We do, and the plan I have is very affordable. I got mine through Pet Co and I think it's about $20 a month, and it covers a lot and my deductible isn't to over priced.. My dog is really small so I am worried he would get hurt easily I think it is better to be safe then sorry.
    holly132

Answer by holly132 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 28, 2009