Website to Coordinate Parent Volunteers at school - any suggestions?

I have looked at www.mysignup.com, www.volunteerspot.com and www.myclasshelper.com. Has anyone used one of these sites or a different site to schedule parent volunteers for parties at school and other events? I am in charge of coordinating lunch room volunteers and would like to use an online tool.

Thank you for your advice.

margaret1101

Asked by margaret1101 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in

• We use have used yahoo groups

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• From experience, no website is going to work. You can't be certain that every parent has internet to check schedules on line. I would just use an Excel document to keep track and call the parents with a reminder. My son's middle school sends out emails to the parents that sign up that way. It really works,seeing it is always the same few parents that do all the volunteering anyway.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• we use emails & just reg phone calls . or sending notes home w/ the kids parents that always help.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• At our school, we would recruit new volunteers during activities when parents came in, like Kindergarten enrollment or Open House. Ask the admin. to set up a table in a high traffic area.Get names and numbers for future contacts.
    You can also send notes home with the kids. Good luck~
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 7:52 AM on Jul. 28, 2009