Does anyone know of a real "work from home" company that I can work part time with? Times are tough for a single mom.

I need an honest way to bring in an extra $400 a month into my household. Ends are just not meeting with my present salary. I need something that works and is not a scam.

KittyCafe

Asked by KittyCafe at 9:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know of a few ways you could easily make that much. You dont have to buy or sell anything, and you can work whenever you want, plus it's 100% free. Read all about it at Free Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• m-avi

I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly

Answer by rkoloms at 11:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009