• In the Spotlight:

Does anyone know of a real "work from home" company that I can work part time with? Times are tough for a single mom.

I need an honest way to bring in an extra $400 a month into my household. Ends are just not meeting with my present salary. I need something that works and is not a scam.

KittyCafe

Asked by KittyCafe at 9:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• I know of a few ways you could easily make that much. You dont have to buy or sell anything, and you can work whenever you want, plus it's 100% free. Read all about it at Free Money

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have a list of legit work from home companies on my site. If you are looking for a JOB there is a great list of those as well.

www.Sabrinas-Closet.info

I must tell you too, I have been haveing great success with my two businesses. Ameriplan & FreebieForce.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• m-avi

I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly

Answer by rkoloms at 11:43 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I work at home with my company and I love what I do. We have been awarded the blue torch award from the BBB and you have your own personal mentor which immediately told me that it was not a scam. We do not sell, stock, or deliver anything so if you are interested you can visit my website www.workathomeunited.com/heathers and fill out the form there. In the website it also tells a little about who we are. So check it out and see what you think.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Check out this site for some ideas. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com There are lots of ideas in the archives. Also, I'm in the process of reviewing 2 children's book companies, so if you email me I'll let you know by next week what the results of both are.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• YES,I'M AN INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT FOR PARTYLITE..I'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR 11/2 YRS,BEFORE THIS I JUST HAD THE PARTYS, BUT I'M SO GLAD I STARTED,I MAKE MY OWN HOURS AND MEET MANY PEOPLE..GO TO HOUSE AND HAVE FUN AND GET PAID WELL FOR IT!! I MAKE AN AVERAGE $60-$100 IN AN HOUR OR TWO...I EARN PLENTY OF FREE PRODUCT AND BONUSES,AND THIS YEAR I'M TRYIN TO EARN MY FIRST ALL EXCLUSIVE PAID TRIP(a cruise)..AND BEST OF ALL IT WAS A NO-CASH INVESTMENT!! THAT WAS THE BEST I HAVE 3 LIVING CHILDREN AND A STEP DAUGHTER.. I'M SO GLAD I JOIN PARTYLITE, YOUR IN YOUR OWN BUISNESS BUT YOUR NOT ALONE.. THERE IS GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE TO HELP ALONG THE WAY.. IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFO CONTACT ME ON MY WEBSITE AT:
    WWW.PARTYLITE.BIZ/CANDLELADYJAMIE
    THECANDLELADY21

Answer by THECANDLELADY21 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 28, 2009