Does any remember if you had hair loss and a lot of swelling in extremities post labor?

I was told many women have some hair loss for a year post baby? And that 2 days post delivery you have a lot of swelling in your legs and feet?

HBChicago

Asked by HBChicago at 10:04 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The swelling is very normal. Your body has probably retained a lot of water and especially if you had a c-section you're going to swell. Keep them propped like you would've during the pregnancy and drink lots of water. I had extreme hair loss after my 2nd child but not sure if it was due to post-partum or the birth control pill I was taking. Either way, I'm sure your hair loss is due to the hormone shift, but I can't tell you how long it will last because I got pregnant with my 3rd child just 4 months post partum and now my hair is fine again.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i had some swelling, but not too much. and yes, hair loss is normal postpartum. i'm still losing tons of hair. my son is 11 mo.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:26 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No one told me about the hair loss thing, then about a week after my baby was born, it came out in clumps in the shower. I freaked, called my doctor, and ya, it's normal! I have very thick, long hair, so it was scary for me, but you couldn't even tell i lost it. It came out (less and less) over the year, and now it's back to normal amount of loss.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• both are very normal... the hair part is REALLY gross.. but if you noticed it or not - your whole body gets hairier during pregnancy.. its a certain pregnancy chemical that does it..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 27, 2009