Anyone else following the photos/ journal of this former Green Beret???

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/an-artery-of-opium-a-vein-of-taliban.htm

Michael’s dispatches from the frontlines have earned him the reputation as the premier independent combat journalist of his generation.

Anyone else think this puts a lot of things into perspective? What are your thoughts?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think his time in SF has given him a great deal of insight and he is able to to capture some really candid shots that others might not be able to get. Understanding the weight of a ruck or how heavy and uncomfortable the gear can be really allows him to relate to the subject he is shooting. The result is amazing photos that lends the viewer a view at a moment in time. I added the blog to my favorites and will be getting his book. It looks like it could be a very interesting and insightful read. Thanks for the link! : )

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:25 AM on Jul. 27, 2009