Wiccans, please recommend some legitimate websites for learning more about this religion.

I have recently begun reading about Wicca and have some questions, particulary regarding the practice of magic. Some of the websites that I have come across seem as if they were created by teenage girls and don't seem too legitimate. I realize that anything dealing with the practice of magic, can draw a lot of crackpots and would like to see something a bit more reputable. Can anyone suggest some websites?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• just asked my friend because she is Wiccan and she said research books. She said that websites are created from Wiccans and are based from their point of view. She said you will get one sided info and wont be able to make or seek your own route. Again, this is coming from my friend who is Wiccan not me. Hope that helps.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Being Wiccan does not mean you HAVE to do magick. Not ALL Wiccans practice Witchcraft just as not all Witches are of the Wiccan religion either..
    Start with Scott Cunningham (everything he writes) ... find books that relate to the Wicca religion. As you learn and read and see, each person who follows a Pagan path is different...
     I recommend going to Amazon.com and buy books there, you can get them new/used cheap and they usually have a nice selection.
     Here is a website too that you may browse thru... http://www.silvermooncrow.com/
    If you wish, plz feel free to PM me anytime with questions I will be happy to help as best as I can...

Blessed Be my dear and I hope you find what you seek

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:33 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• http://wicca.timerift.net/wicca101/index.shtml
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 11:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree with gmasboy that anything Scott Cunningham is great. I use Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner a lot. It is very simple and he puts things in a way that's easy for someone new to Wicca to understand. I know our library actually has a copy or two so you may want to check your library too. Also Proud To Be Pagan  is a good general website that talks about magic, but not strictly from a Wiccan perspective. They have been reorganizing their site, but there will have their links section up soon so you may find some other links there too eventually.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• There's also About.com and The Witches' Voice. Also, Witch School, Magicka School, this teaching group, and I have a group on here for Pagan moms. In our group we have a post with websites and one with books.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Mrs.Bat got most my favs there, but there is also www.PagansPath.com which is awesome!

And you can always feel free to message me, I'm not wiccan, but pagan. But I'm always open to questions!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think its been covered pretty well.

I want to add I also enjoyed those Idiot Guide books(I read the Wicca and Witchcraft one but there is also a Pagan one). They gave good info that didnt go against what other experts like Cunningham had to say but they broke it down so it was a bit easier to get.

Also, if you are interested in any Kitchen Witchery type stuff Id recommend Patricia Telesco.

Good Luck!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I was introduced to Wicca through a book given to me by a Wiccan friend... Positive Magic by Marion Weinstein. I did do alot of study on Wicca and decided it was not my path, however, I am pagan. I also have experience leading groups to help people find their path and resources. If you have questions I can answer based on my studies/practice, etc. Please feel free to pm me
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• God is a Living GOd, find him, SAtan and God are real, please do not make satan your God. He may promise you the best and at the end he will turn on you and laugh at you in hell for believing him. I pray to God that you see tht God is a living God tht truly loves you and understand that his son Jesus died on a cross for your sins for you to beable to come to God without anything hiduring anything between you and God, the blood of Jesus conquers anything. even a wigi board will tell you there is nothing more powerful than the blood of Jesus, nothing can conquer the blood of Jesus, nothing can stop the blood of Jesus. God is real, Satan was an Angel of God, the highest ranking Angel and he knows everything of God and his word which is why he has such an ability to decieve, he is smart, dont let him rule your life! this is a warning
    Anonymous

• A DIVINE REVELATION OF HELL by Mary K. Baxtor (book)
    Anonymous