Do you believe the IPCC or the facts??

SPPI’s authoritative Monthly CO2 Report for June 2009 reveals that global hurricane activity is at a 50-year low, casting doubt on the accuracy of projections that “global warming” would lead to more intense hurricanes. These and other disasters that are said to be happening are not happening. The IPCC assumes CO2 concentration will reach 836 ppmv by 2100, but, for almost eight years, CO2 concentration has headed straight for only 575 ppmv by 2100. This alone halves all of the IPCC’s temperature projections.

Since 1980 temperature has risen at only 2.5F (1.5C)/century, not the 7 F (3.9C) the IPCC imagines.
cont.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:40 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Carpy thanks for sharing this article. Some people believe ONLY in Al Gore. Some people like to expand their view. If only the Hill would have allowed debate on the issue...  Alas, they [yet again] shut the door on the science advisor who was to challenge Gore's theories....hrmmmmm

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Calling a naturally-occurring gas as a pollutant? Sorry, I don’t buy it. And until you chicken-little eco-freaks present me with something reliable and proven, go back to your labs and write reports designed to garner you more grant money
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I sure as hell don't believe YOUR version of the facts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I didn't know I worked for the SPPI.

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monthly_report/march_co2_report.html
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• ROFLMAO.

These are your facts? Tell me...do you ever do your homework on your source or just google and post? Let me tell you sweetheart about the Science and Public Policy Institute. It's a Global Warming Skeptic Group that stole its name from George Carlo a reputable scientist who was working on electromagnetic radiation issues.

The SPPI REFUSES to disclose where their funding comes from HMMM....

Their President ;Robert Ferguson, Spoke out against Climate change at the ICC in 2009.

The "personnel" that the SPPI's website lists? Lets run through them shall we?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Willie Soon, Chief Science Adviser: associated with various U.S. and Canadian think tanks disputing human-induced global warming

Lord Christopher Monckton: Lord Monckton is also funding the distribution in British schools of the film, "The Great Global Warming Swindle," as part of a "counter-campaign to undermine the scientific consensus on climate change

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yep, scientists who are experts in the field and have studied and followed hurricane patterns their entire careers are wrong and deluded.

Al Gore is right. Yep, yep, yep! *shaking head*
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Robert (Bob) Carter: Carter is a member of the right-wing think tank, the Institute of Public Affairs and a well known climate change skeptic

Shall I continue?

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• If you were going for unbiased accurate data Carpy you missed the mark by a long shot.

And Mancosmomma keeping beating that Al Gore horse, and maybe when that horse is dead you'll find out Climate Change has nothing to do with Gore. I didn't even vote for Gore sweetie, so get over it already.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 12:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I live on the Gulf Coast, and I can assure you that there hurricanes are more frequent and way more dangerous and damaging in the last few years than they were when I was a child. Back in the day there was more of a rainy season, with more tropical storms than anything deadly like a hurricane or tornadoes. We never had to leave during hurricanes as they were not as bad as these today, and so far I've had to leave twice in the last four years.

I also want to add that I find it strange that the refineries around here (there are literally hundreds up & down the Houston ship channel) all run their flares at night now...when the average citizen is asleep and the ones who are not can't tell if the smoke is black or not. Pretty sneaky way to get around EPA emissions rules that are supposed to protect us. No wonder there is a cancer center in my town of <75,000.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 1:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009