• In the Spotlight:

NST/NTS test ?

I am not sure which it is but it is either the NTS or NST test- for stress I am guessing?? Does every pregnant woman get one- what exactly is it for and when do you get them? How does it work? What do they do?
Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Non Stress Test. In my case, if you're not feeling the baby move, or you're overdue, or anything isn't right, they do one. At my hospital they put you in a delivery room or post-baby room, hook you up to all the regular monitors (contraction strap, baby heartrate, etc), and give you a little button to push ever time you feel the baby move. They want the baby to move...oh, 10 times in 10 minutes? They compare the baby's heartrate to the movements, possible contractions, etc. And if baby's not moving much, they give you a high-sugar snack, and use a funny little thing to "wake" baby up, and keep going another little while. No, not every mother will have one with every baby, unless your doctor likes them for whatever reason. I had a couple with one baby, one with a couple babies, and none with a couple babies. HTH
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• a non stress test is where they monitor the baby for 20 minutes to an hour....they keep an eye on the heart beat an check its fluctuation and thats basically it....i have to do it but im not sure if every pregnant woman has to.....i go twice a week but im high risk...
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 27, 2009