Mommy issues :)

So I am pregnant- sue in several weeks. My bio-mom lives across the country and I have enjoyed that- she is bi-polar and addicted to pain meds. I live in a 900 sq ft house with a 4 year old, a dog and my husband. My mother has decided that she wants to move out here- the problem - I think she wants to stay HERE. There is no extra room, my son's bedroom is TINY- our livingroom is TINY- and she drives me NUTS. She is also a hypochondriac who goes to the hospital ALL the time! I just don't think I could handle her being here! How do I tell her that she is NOT allowed to live with me? I want to be a good daughter and honor her, but I do not think I can take it! HELP!!! How do I even bring it up!? She keeps telling me she wants to buy a plane ticket to fly out.....but does not mention a place to stay....UGH

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Just ask her where she will be staying...If she says she was thinking of staying at your place let her know there is no room, tell her that she needs to line up another place before she comes cause she cant stay with you cause you don't like being cramped into your own place.....
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:19 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Ask her where she will stay the next time she says she's buying a ticket. It's that simple. If she says oh I'll jus stay with you, say no mom, sorry but there is no room. We would love for you to stay here, but it's just not possible.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree. Ask her next time she brings it up where is she planning on staying. IF she wants to stay with you just say I wish I had the room for you to but I don't so if you really want to move here you need to find another place to stay. Good luck..
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Just tell her how much you appreciate the thought but your living space is limited and you will call her and keep her abreast of what's going on and ask for advice if needed.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have learned with my wonderful mother that I can't beat around the bush. I have to be straight with her..(that way she doesnt control my life) I really think parents want that from us. It shows we are strong adults. Ask her if she needs help finding a place to live? Ask her if she plans on living by you or will she just visiting. Then tell her, you love her and need her in your life but you do not want her living with you and your husband. Its yours and his time now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• "addicted to pain
    hypochondriac who goes to the hospital ALL the time"

She's going to the hospital for more drugs...my ex used to do the same - that's why he's an ex...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I agree with the first few posters--next time she mentions coming to see you, ask where she is staying & how long she intends to stay. If she says she is staying with you, tell her very nicely but directly that you have no room at your house but that the such & such hotel is very nice. Have the phone number ready!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 27, 2009