When is it time to quit feeling sorry for people who get cheated on ???

I mean come one 1st time may be feel bad for the person. But if their SO/Husband keeps cheating on them. Come on when is enough of feeling bad for that person ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• i stop feeling sorry for them when it gets to the point where they are allowing it/enabling their SO to cheat on them. 

adulation

Answer by adulation at 4:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• after the first time, if she puts up with it it wont stop
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 11:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't feel bad for anyone who has been cheated on more than once, that they know about. That may sound harsh, but obviously if they know about the 1st time && CHOOSE to stay there, then they know that the possibility for it to happen again is even greater.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• If it keeps happening over and over again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have a BIL & SIL that is going threw this right now. It's been going on for a long time. She refuses to leave. She says he is suppose to take care of me. I think she has lost her mind or something.

Answer by louise2 at 11:45 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling bad for someone who is getting cheated on. But if you don't feel bad for them, I also think that's cool too....I guess it depends ont he persona nd situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• this is why my open relationship with SO works so well. I give him permission to see others which takes half the fun of it away for him. When he does talk to other women he tells me about it so I don't feel like a fool when another person tells me SO was seen out with another woman. Some men will always chase women. They can still love their wife or SO but chasing is something some cant' give up. I know mine can't. I have to accept him as he is. What he gives me is enough to put up with his crap!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't feel sorry for the woman that allow men to walk on them..

but what I do, do is try to raise their self esteem...and get them to realize that
    they are being disrespected...
    and that they would be better off alone....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I try not to feel anything but angry at her man for cheating. If she stays and it keeps happening over and over I then wonder about the woman and if she values herself enough to walk away from a bad situation. I always feel it's unfortunate she is in the situation but I do not feel sorry for her because she has the opportunity to throw her trash away.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• To truly answer this, you have to understand the shame that goes along with finding out your spouse cheated. Yes, there is hurt but there is also a part of you that wonders what you did wrong or what was so horrible about you that made your DH or SO cheat. Sure, you know it is irrational & that he would probably cheat no matter who he was with but it it still painful. Part of the rational of letting that person remain in your life is the thought that maybe you can improve yourself to the point where DH won't want to cheat anymore. It rarely works, of course, but it is a powerful thought. Crazy as it sounds, it is really hard to admit that you aren't woman enough to keep a man.

So I do feel sorry for woman whose DH or SO cheats, especially if it happens over & over. I know their self-esteem must be at an all time low & that they need help.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009