Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I go?

We have had a very disturbing battle with my DH ex wife. It has been going on for 5 years. I am so tired of it I could scream. She showed up outside our house a couple weeks ago and it was the last straw. I was having small family gathering and she made a scene in our quiet neighborhood. On top of that she belittles, yells, makes threats, calls and send the most horrible emails you could imagine. As I am writing this I can feel my anxiety level go up. We had a restraining order on her 4 years ago but my husband lifted it due to pressure from her family and kids. (Forget how I feel Right???!!!) I am still so hurt and upset from that. That was the only time we had peace. But since he lifted it it has been hell on earth. We have an appointment with police dept. tomorrow. Our lawyer will be present. I am so sick of the drama. I have done everything I can think of to make her stop. I really do not want to attend tomorrow.


Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Absolutely go. And next time she shows up at your door acting crazy, call the police as you would any other crazy person. There was a reason for the restraining order. If your husband caved to pressure from her family, perhaps if you calmly explain to him that you are ready to end the marriage unless he recognizes your feelings as at least important as others involved... you two are together every day, you have to live with each other's baggage. That's just part of the deal. But if you are being left out of decision making on issues that affect your marriage, that is not acceptable. He's probably trying to keep the peace for the kids' sake, but he might do better showing his children it is not good to accept unacceptable behavior, from anyone.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • y cant you get a restraining order. and stand up for your self if shes harassing you and your family you can make her stop bullying you do it.

    Answer by 16thmoon at 11:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • Demand a restraining order. Insist that she pick up the kids at a neutral location, and insist that your DH be the one that does the transfer. You don't go anywhere near. If she calls the house, have the kids be the only ones that answer. Don't enage with her. She is getting what she wants. Emails?? easy solution, don't answer them. Delete them. Have her send "important ones" to a thrid party to forward to you.

    Answer by say_tay at 11:52 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • Change your e-mail address. Get caller ID. Lock your doors. And do not answer the door when she come knocking. Let your DH deal with her. Tell him how you feel about it all. Tell him she is not welcome over to your house.

    Answer by louise2 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • yes go so you can find peace again

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • We do block her emails. She just keep changing it. We have blocked her calls and then she uses other peoples cell phones to get through. He knows how I feel.Dh just ignores her. I never have returned an email, I never have even spoken to her except the time she was outside or home. I have never even formally meet her. We have tried to get her to use a third party and she then starts threatening them or loads them down with so many messages that they no longer what to be a third party. She has had 4 lawyers and they all have fired her because they state she is too difficult. That is why I am on the end of my rope.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • I am sorry but I see your husband as a big player in all this. Do not open any e-mail from her or anyone that you don't know. If she gets other people's phones and calls don't answer. Let your husband talk to the family members and let them know how bad this is. If she comes to your home, don't answer the door. If a scene is made call the police. The kids can be transferred somewhere else. Your place...your rules. Your husband has to deal with the problem. Obviously she is angry and hurt. Don't engage in any name calling. Your kids have to be in the middle of this. Go to the meeting and calmly state the problem. If your husband isn't bothered by it he isn't going to be that much help. grannywilson

    Answer by grannywilson at 2:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • I said change YOUR e-mail address. Let all your called go the your answering machine. and call back the people you want to talk to.

    Answer by louise2 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • Write down all the phone numbers she calls from and have them blocked too from the phone company. Yeah, change ur email address. Don't answer ur door. Have restricted phone numbers not be allowed to call the house either. Why is she making ur life hell???? what did u do? who ended their relationship, him??

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009