Pricing things for a garage sale question

I have two items I am not sure how to go about pricing. Both are in working order about about 8-10 years old. The first is a 12inch tv. The second is a three disc cd stereo system with speakers, am/fm radio, cassette player, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Just ask what they are willing to pay for it. If you are trying to get rid of it putting a price on it isn't nessecary. Or whatever the less amount you are willing to give it up for. say $20. also make sure you have a place you can show them that it works...I never buy electronics unless I know it works.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• TV - that old, it's not going to be HD, it's going to need a converter or have to be used by someone with cable or a dish. So...$5. I wouldn't pay more than that for a tv that old and that small.

The stereo...would depend on the size. Sounds like a fairly small, shelf-size system...$10.

If they're not selling for that, lower the price. Stuff like that doesn't re-sell well.
    Anonymous

• I would put a "make an offer" sticker on it, as the anonymous said they are kinda old and small so.. Good luck though!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:20 AM on Jul. 28, 2009