not sure what to do. i dont know how much more i can take.

okay i have twin boys that are three, now i know that three year olds can be bad, but my boys are beyond bad. i am out of ideas on what to do. i have tried everything it seems. they will get up in the middle of the night and get into things. mainly in the kitchen. we have gates but those dont stop them, we have used the child saftly locks but they somehowalways brake them. we dont have alot of money, and when we go out and buy food we would like it to last till the next pay day but with these boys there is never anyway of doing that. like today they have already gotten into all the hot dogs, the milk, all the cerial. i have tried everything, room time, corner, i have even spanked them. we tried putting there door nob on so it lockes on the outside and they broke the nob. i have tried spending more time with them. it just started about two months ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you made a cabinet that is just all theirs? Like toys and such they can get into and play with?
    Anonymous

• Call Supernanny.
    Anonymous

• Are they hungry? This was my son's problem when he started this. We bought mini boxes of cereal, disposable bowls and spoons and small cartons of milk so he could make his own food and it has stopped...for the most part.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 12:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Why don't you get up and correct their behavior when they do this? And if they're doing it during the day too, they're more than old enough to be punished. Are they sleepwalking, or fully coherent? Get alarm - for their bedroom door, for the fridge door, for the cabinets, that when they go out of their room, or into a drawer/cupboard/fridge, it goes off so you can get to them and redirect them immediately.
    Anonymous

• the problem is that daddy works forst shift a rather long one, from 7 to 5 andi work third so they are doing this when i am at work and daddy is asleep. i get home around 5 in the morning and i get up around 8 they are still sleeping, but they have food all over, so i know its been done. when i ask them what they did they just look at me like i am stupid. but i know they know. they respond all the timw when anything i say is positve, but if it is negt. then they have"no idea" what i am talking about. we have tried puting things out of reach, but its hard. i have causght them a few times doing this where one gets on all fours and the other one stands on top of him.
    Anonymous

• So, they do it in the middle of the night, or during the day when daddy is asleep? If it is during the day, you need to figure out how to hire a babysitter. If it is at night, you may want to talk to the pediatrician about what they recommend to get your boys in a better sleeping habit. If they are sleepwalking and doing this, then the pediatrician can give you some ideas on that, as well.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Sounds to me like you will need some child care, if dad is sleeping while they do this. Lord only knows what they could get into while he sleeps. You just can't ever ever let kids this age out of your sight. I am not bashing you honest..I have two boys who are 13 months apart, and I swear my DH and I have our asses handed to us daily by the two of them! They are more than a handful. This is critical though...you are running the risk of them getting into poison, or out of the house etc. This just cannot go on. I would sit down with the DH and make a plan...kids have to come first. Someone needs to quit, change hours something until a better permanent plan can be implemented. It is too late once they are hurt or God forbid dead. Hang in there, but take charge of your life! Do what needs to be done..it is not always pleasant...but their lives are at risk here.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009