Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should men on PA get foodstamps if they owe back child support real bad ?

My sons father gets foodstamps and medical ( I know this because his wife sees me out and complains how he don't work and they are on welfare as if I care ) any way my thing is our welfare office is right across the street from child support and he goes with her to get food stamps but my child support worker said he has not been in to report in two years why cant welfare say you want food stamps go report across the street bring me back a paper from her saying you did and I will give you food stamps and if you fail to report every month I will cut you off do you think I am wrong for wanting this


Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (63)
  • I agree with OP where should be some cross communication. Like CSE says they don't have an adress but obviously PA does.
    What truly sucks is that like a PP said they could've sent to info but they just didn't input it. CSE is a disaster (on both sides of the case) in the majority of states.

    I don't think (and neither did OP impliy) that a person should not recieve PA if they are not paying their CS but do agree there should be some cross communication.

    My ex get PA, he owes THOUSANDS in CS. (I recieved MAYBE 500 in THREE YEARS). I don't want him to lose his PA, he needs it. BUT he should be pushed more into having a job and taking responsiblity at the very least acknoledge that he owes his children money -- even if its just getting a paper saying yup I checked in I know I owe money, i'm working on it, i'm aware etc..

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • NOPE

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • NOPE

    Answer by mamakirs at 12:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • I want to try and make this a law does any one know who to contact about this any help would be nice thanks


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • I don't know about making it a law... but if you have questions or gripes try writing -

    U.S Dept. of Health & Human Services Administration for Children and Families
    Office of Child Support Enforcement
    Washington D.C 20447

    Answer by mizsaxton at 12:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • He still needs to eat.

    Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 1:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • HELL YA!

    Answer by Starfire73 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • Wow, I understand your anger, really I do. It's been 3 months since my ex paid anything, and almost a year the time before that. When he does pay, it's only 40 bucks a month, to cover her school lunches.

    My question to you is, can you make it without the support? If you can, for your sanity, I suggest you let it go. Guy's obviously a loser who no doubt gave you a beautiful child and little else.

    I get great satisfaction out of the fact that I do a great job providing for my dd, and that his abusive a** was wrong every step of the way.

    Jmo, and no judgement from me if you think differently. I just get a little thrill every time I realize just how right I was by leaving, and how much better off we are even without his measly money.

    Answer by lovinangels at 1:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • Well, is he not working? If not, then what's the point of him reporting? "Hi, I have no money for you, but I'm still alive". Really... what's the point? And he still needs to eat.

    Answer by Jafra_mommy at 1:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • I understand he still needs to eat but so does his son and I don't get welfare the point in him reporting is to show that he is trying he has to bring a signed paper that says he filled out a application for a job that's my point I don't want him to starve but think he should have to work to eat just like we do even if its applying for a job 3 times a week


    Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009