babyshowers

When during my pregnancy does one have the baby shower? I dont want to wait to long or have it too early! :S

Winter_Goddess

Asked by Winter_Goddess at 12:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine around 7 months because I travelled to go to mine. A lot of people seem to like 8 months, but really it's up to you. I liked 7 months because I waited to get most things until after the baby shower, so I would know what I really needed to buy. And that still left a few months so I didn't have to buy everything all at the last minute.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Anytime...but if you're planning your own, which it sounds like by your working - tacky! A baby shower is something a person or persons give a pregnant woman - not something a woman gives herself. Makes one look greedy to throw themselves a shower.
    Anonymous

• You can jsut as easy have it after baby's born too - that way everyone knows for sure the sex and can get gender appropriate things and see the baby.
    Anonymous

• i had both of mine around 7 months. But i know a lot of ppl that have it when the baby is born
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had mine after my daughter was born.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had mine at about 6 months, but I had to go to my hometown, 1700 miles from where I currently live. My family/friends threw mine for me.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 12:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Its best in the last trimester when you are the biggest. Mine was 2 months before my due date.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had one at 28 weeks and one at 30 weeks. I think it is better to do it when you can still get around easily, that way you can go pick up all the stuff you don't get from your registry.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009