How do you feel not sending your child to preschool?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I feel fine about it. I dont want my kids in preschool. I only have one that is not school age anyway but I feel he is better at home with me. Ive thought about a 2 day a week program which isnt really preschool. Its more like mothers morning out, but still Ive hesitated. Hes my youngest and a bit immature. I might let him do it when hes 4, but hes not potty trained yet so I would rather he jsut be at home with me until hes a bit more mature. I feel that kids can get plenty of social interaction other ways and learn things from you rather than be in an organized setting. I shun anything that even remotely looks like daycare or school for kids under 4. Just my opinion.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:52 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Mine either did go or will go - sorry.
    Anonymous

• Do you mean 'how do you feel if you're not sending your child to preschool?"

If that's the question, I feel fine. lol Neither of my kids are going to preschool. No need for it IMO. My 3yr old already knows her ABCs, sounds, can count to 20, and spell a few words (no, it, go). And we're in MomsClub so she interacts with other kids there, and once she's 4 she'll be in karate so she'll get adult direction there.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 12:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009