What do you keep in your car for long road trips?

I want to put together a road trip survival bag for our upcoming vacation. Other than water, snacks, first-aid kit, baby wipes, change of clothes...what would you suggest I pack to have on hand, just in case??

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 12:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh my gosh no trip would be complete without a handheld vacuum. DH and I took my little cousin(5) to the beach with us and she had crumbs and sand and rocks and whatever else all over the backseat. Then she complained that it was making her itchy sitting in the sand and crumbs. Gosh!!!! Also.. Pillows! and maybe small blankets So the kids can sleep as comfortable as possible in the car. Oh another big one! Tylenol or advil... haha or whatever you use for headaches! A trash bag to keep the space clean as possible for everyone. Possibly even a few more bags in case someone decides to get car sick... One more thing that I can think of is Hand sanitizer. On our trip we stopped at several rest stops that very inconveiniently didnt have soap.. eew!
    Anonymous

• For my sanity, I avoid long car rides at all costs. Even two hours is pushing it unless my family is there to help :)
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Our son is 21 months tomorrow........We travel a 5 hr ride to NY every 3 months (and 5 hrs back homea few days later) for my DH's Doc appt's. I keep an emergency bag of 2 diapers....wipes...travel desitin..diaper bag stuff. I also keep small books...a plastic container that seals with like animal crackers and what not....a blanket....shopping cart cover....toy cell phone...(he always has to be on the phone like his daddy..lol) Sun shade....bottled water..ya never know...water is very multi purpose...so it's a good thing to have. Also...things like first aid kit...flashlight....and possibly a emergency kit...like if you breakdown. Umbrella as well
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 1:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009