What's the biggest problem that you might have encountered at this age 13-17?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• MIGHT have encountered or HAVE encountered?....LOL...Just picking at your wording of the question. Im just joking with you of course, but I have found that my biggest problem is trying to make my teen understand that I really do love her more than life itself and that I really DO have her best interest at heart. None of my rules are for her misery but they are to protect her. Also making her understand that I do know what I am talking about and that I was her age. Sometimes its like talking to at brick wall....really. She thinks she has it all under control. I wish that she would value herself a bit more and understand that her friendship is valuable and she shouldnt give it to just anyone. I do my best to model this. My heart doesnt go out to just anyone. You get a fair shot to be my friend until you screw it up and after that....it doesnt come as easily the second time. I want her to be confident in who she is. Its hard!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009