Is your son/daughter still living in your house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'm on the other side of this.. I'm 21 and still live with my father.. However I don't do it for free, while I don't work I do other things to make up for it. I keep the house clean, cook dinner, wash his clothes, etc etc (Basically what a house wife does just for my father..)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• YES, MY SON JUST GRADUATED FROM FSU, AND HE IS COMING BACK HOME, HE IS 22, AND MY MIDDLE DAUGHTER WHO IS 30 ALSO LIVES WITH ME. THEY ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO STAY AS LONG AS THEY WANT!

Answer by older at 12:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I am 24 and had to move back into my parents house. we don't live here for free we pay rent and part of the bills. I hate it though. I want my own place but where I live it is so expensive to find a nice place to live. We are trying cuz I can't stand my parents but I do appricate them letting us stay here and save up so we can move out again.
    Anonymous

• I don't have grown children yet but I have friends who live at home (almost 30 and 33 years old). They're married and have a child.
    Anonymous

• Our oldest son lived at home until he finished his undergraduate college work at the local college. Our daughter lived with us until she was about 30 and had saved enough money to buy her own home. Our youngest son lived with us until he married at the age of 27. We never had a problem with any of them living here. They were respectful and appreciative that we were helping them get their lives established. They did not pay rent. We saw it as our means of helping them get a good start in life, which they all did. We have a wonderful relationship with all of them and their families now, and they still express appreciation for the help we gave them. We did raise them by Christian principles, which they have adhered to even during their adult lives.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My daughter lives with us currently along with her daughter. It's had it's ups and downs but hasn't been horrible. Just the one problem. It's all coming to an end as she gets ready to start a new job 2 hours away and she's moving in with her dad. hopefully she can get caught up with her bills and get out on her own soon.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• At different times we have had our kids move back home. Each time it was a different situation. The ones that were respectful, helpful are allowed back anytime. The ones that weren't are not. We live on a big piece of property, have 2 houses here and a few trailers. So there is lots of room. Also husb parents live with us. I think in these times things are alot different than life used to be. Part of the reason we chose to live where we do & in such a big house is for the reason that if our kids or our parents needed us to help take care of them (or we needed our kids to help us!) we would have enough room. I love that about our life. when the kids were young we took care of grandparents until they passed away. I had the kids help with that & they enjoyed a relationship with them they mite not have ever had!
    gillacutty

Answer by gillacutty at 3:08 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes mine is He moved out for about 6 months but is back and working fulltime and hopefully will return to school in the fall.
    Anonymous

• yes my 20 yr old lives with me in this economy it dont matter.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009