I live in a appartment and the latest we can pay are rent is on the 5th but my hubby

is the only one that works and he just got a new job and where going to be 2 days late on paying it. What will happend? times are hard!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Talk to your landlord. Most should be okay with a couple days late. If you mail it, mail it on time - put a note with it explaining your situation & asking he wait 2 days to deposit it.
    Anonymous

• I would contact your rental manager and let them know so they can work with you. Make sure to talk to them so they don't assume you are not paying, I find if you talk to people and let them know, they will work with you.
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 12:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i would call your landlord and try to explain the situation BEFORE you are going to be late, at least you gave him some notice and it shows you are being responsible. i have had to do it and i hate to make that call!!!!!
    Anonymous

• no doubt I was going to tell her me and my hubby are going today but i wanted to know what will happen. We where never late.
    Anonymous

• Just call the landlord and tell them. If you give them a heads up and explain why then they probably won't charge you a late fee. Just make sure you tell them!
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:48 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• the more you communicate with you landlord ithe more willing they are to work with you. Remember that honest is the best policy.
    driverswife

Answer by driverswife at 9:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• nothing will happen
    AmberMN

Answer by AmberMN at 11:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I always thought renters have a 10-15 day grace period. And Honesty is NOT the best policy. Americans lie more about money than anything else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jul. 30, 2009