Lawsuit Question....

I was in a car accident and I have alot of damage to my neck and spine and havent worked for almost 6 months due to the injuries sustained in the accident.

I am in a little bit of a financial rut due to not working. Is it possible I could call my lawyer and ask to borrow against my settlement?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Not saying it'll happen, but it won't hurt anything to call and ask. At least you'd have the professional opinion rather than a bunch of questionable guesses from random people online.
    Anonymous

• I highly doubt that will happen b/c they don't know the amount the settlement will be. I missed 5 months of work from a car accident in 2004. I was a single mom. I had to move in with my mom and was threatened with collections for numerous bills after my PIP coverage was exhausted. I just received my settlement this year and it isn't as much as I thought I was going to get. After paying the attorney and past medical bills, I only walked away with $15,000.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009