Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lawsuit Question....

I was in a car accident and I have alot of damage to my neck and spine and havent worked for almost 6 months due to the injuries sustained in the accident.

I am in a little bit of a financial rut due to not working. Is it possible I could call my lawyer and ask to borrow against my settlement?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Not saying it'll happen, but it won't hurt anything to call and ask. At least you'd have the professional opinion rather than a bunch of questionable guesses from random people online.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

  • I highly doubt that will happen b/c they don't know the amount the settlement will be. I missed 5 months of work from a car accident in 2004. I was a single mom. I had to move in with my mom and was threatened with collections for numerous bills after my PIP coverage was exhausted. I just received my settlement this year and it isn't as much as I thought I was going to get. After paying the attorney and past medical bills, I only walked away with $15,000.

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.