Which is the best place to live in the U.S

According to the job market , my hubby is a Heavy Equip. Mechanic, clean and safe environment for my kids, family oriented, and country but not too country, close enough to malls , and entertainments. Does anybody know? I live in south east Texas and I'm honestly tired of the weather and the pollution and contamination due to the refineries.

Thank you,

oceanreef79

Asked by oceanreef79 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Iowa.
    Anonymous

• New Mexico
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• illinois
    Anonymous

• Southern Illinois. It would be perfect.
    Kristin2008

Answer by Kristin2008 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• OP, just move to a different part of the state!! I miss Texas!! I am in Oregon now and it is a mess! My hubby's job keeps us here. I love the area and my neighbors, but the state is in a mess.

Before you think of moving elsewhere just remember you have no state income tax and that Texas doesn't have as many financial problems as other states. They just raised the taxes here and this next year it will be almost 11% for us in just state income taxes. Add that to our federal ones and property taxes and more than 50% of our income will go to taxes!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Minnesota--the Twin Cities, Minneapolis, St Paul and suburbs. ;-)
    Anonymous

• I hear that quite often, that Minnesota is a great place to live. I live in NYC so I wouldn't know that for sure. But perhaps looking into a place knowing whether it's a safer area, where jobs are easily accessible is a good idea?
    Hurtnlostmom

Answer by Hurtnlostmom at 1:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Wisconsin, We have Madison, Milwaukee and Green Bay. Plus there were 6 medium sized cities that made it on the "Best places to live in the us list" I've lived here my whole life...even traveld the county and the world and don't find any place quite like it. Nice warm summers, cold frosty snowy winters. Leaves changing in the fall, cool night, and rainy flower filled springs. Beautiful country settings, and jam packed big cities. I would like to think we have something for everyone.
    tcy114

Answer by tcy114 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2009