Did anyone have a "Jack & Jill" baby shower?

Did the guys seem to enjoy it? My mother & SO's mom is planning our shower & it's for both of us, so there will be a lot of men there. SO is excited about it & so are his friends...I just hope everyone has a good time!

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 12:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My Mom and aunt are doing my baby shower. I think it would be really fun to have a jack and jill baby shower but my Mom doesnt think so... She says "Men have never gone to baby showers" im like uuh they do now! haha I hope I can get her to give in. I Hope yours is fun though
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• haha, a lot of the older men in both of our families are sort of confused about it, 'cause they never have attended a baby shower. My dad & my step-dad are just like, i don't get it.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 12:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I had a couples baby shower, most of the men just sat and drank beer while the ladies chatted and watched hubby and I open presents. We didn't do any games or anything.
    hanasmommie

Answer by hanasmommie at 1:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I only had my SO and father at my baby shower for loading up the heavy things and cleaning...I was going to have a Jack n' Jill but my mom changed her mind mid-planning after someone told her that they had one and half the men didn't show and it turned out pretty awkward and horrible. I'm sure if planned right they can be awesome though.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i would never let my husbands friends attend a baby shower. they would end up getting bored and seeing how far they can launch diapers using a nursing bra. or somehow convert a breast pump to nipple tassles. they would be bad influences on my father... my mother would faint...

true, it would be hilarious for me an my hubs but i am pretty sure my mother's friends would never speak to us again.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 2:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2009