Is this a good quote?

I think is right on! WHY do some seem so excited and WANT our country to turn socialist?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not take first from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half will take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get whatthey work for, that, my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it up." - Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOVE IT! Totally agree!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Does that include children? I ask that because there are some people in your F'ING country that can't afford to get their children basic health care.or how about the poor slob who works all his life and then can't afford to go into retirement because it is too damn expensive. You claim that poor people don't work and that is a load of bullshit and you know it. Doesn't matter though according to you they should just die or disappear. GOD you just gotta love the USA

Anonymous

• anon I agree what is funny to me is when rich moms post things like this and they dont work their husbands make enif to take care of the family blah blah and they fail to realize if the hubby decided to finally leave her for the secretary they too might need help !!!!!!

Anonymous

• And please, does a professional baseball player or lawyer or plastic surgeon really need MILLIONS of dollars? come on, its not that they are working HARDER its that what America values is effed up. A single mom teacher, for example, is the one who SHOULD make millions because her job is way more worthy than the others, but instead she needs PA and we look down on her? WTF? She's working her @$$ off, this isn't about the motivated and the lazy...I think that's where confusion lies.
    Anonymous

• Really melodramatic there anon typical of a radical liberal.There are already government programs for children SCHIP. I take offense to you stating my "Fin" county.Maybe your mama should of washed that mouth out years ago.I have not said no poor people work lol.I am by no mean's rich...my husband work's his butt off for us.Alway's has yeah he started working at 13 yrs old.Why should he be forced to spread what he has accomplished for his family (he is 43 now) and have less then? Tell me that? Is THAT fair? ....HUGE assumption you made at the end there..I do not wish people to disappear or die dear.As for PA well some need it but it should be a HAND UP not a HAND OUT.We need to fix the government programs we already have NOT add more.Another goverment program doomed to fail yeah that will be wonderful for our country.As for the elderly and handicap the one's who cannot work any job at all THOSE are the only instance's I see as
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• valid to be on PA for long periods.
    tnmomofive

• More assumptions from yet another anon lol.I have worked hun and I still do as a sahm.I am also a vol fire fighter/first responder thank you.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Beautiful!

Put it together with this perspective - "A rising tide lifts all ships"
    Allow the prosperous in the community to PROSPER, and the poor also benefit in numerous ways. ...

A demonstration of this is that the "poor" in America have cars, cell phones, big TV's, etc. etc. because they are embedded in a prosperous community.

Taking money from the wealthy with the excuse of "making things fair" or "compassion for the poor" is quite simply an exercise in punishing those who are doing well. Since this system depresses the entire economy and makes the poor suffer along with the wealthy, obviously the ONLY goal served by this system is the malice of the punishers.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Im am a single mom who works 1 full time job and odd jobs on the side. I agree wth this Quote.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes, mom, it's a great quote. I am not rich, and while I choose to be a sahm, even if dh left i have a career that wants me back.

People need to understand that they need to take care of themselves.

And anons, (who are most likely the same person) no one is saying that help shouldn't be available to those who need it, or that children should go to bed hungry.

You just can't keep taking from one group and giving it to another before the benefactor quits. Obama is NOT robin hood.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009