When did your baby's naps change?

about when did they start staying up longer?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 12:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Around a year my son started one nap in the early afternoon.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 12:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Also I forgot to say they changed again. My son will be 2 in oct. And now his naps are in the late morning, He wakes up between 6:30-7:30am.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My son started staying awake for a couple of hours at a time around 2 or 3 months, at which point he usually took three naps a day; he'd go down for a two- to three-hour nap after being up for a couple of hours. Then around (I think, I don't remember for sure) 6 months, he went down to two naps a day, late morning and late afternoon, both two to four hours long. Then around 10 or 11 months, the morning nap started getting longer and a little later and the afternoon one shorter until about a year old he started taking one nap around mid-day for four hours or so, and he's still on that schedule now at 2 years old.

My daughter is 3 months old, and she's not on any kind of nap schedule. Some days she'll be up for a couple of hours and take a four or five hour nap and stay up the rest of the day, sometimes she'll stay up for an hour or two and sleep for two or three and repeats that all day. So depends on the baby, I guess. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My oldest took two naps until about 14 months old. My youngest probably would have continued to take two naps, still does some weekends (he is 18 months) but the daycare made him go to one afternoon nap when i went back to work when he was 9 months. Totally ruined his good sleeping pattern.
    Anonymous

• My youngest who is 2 1/2 now used to lay down around 11 am for a nap reguardless of his bedtime. Now its pretty set. He is in bed by 7pm. He gets up around 6:30-7 am, and takes a nap around 1-2pm and sleeps until 3-4pm. It all depends on his mood too.
    tcy114

Answer by tcy114 at 1:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2009