When did you stop using baby shampoos and soap for your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• At 41/2 when she decided to get pretty smelling shampoo and there was no talking her out of it. She insisted she had to have cucumber melon body wash at 5.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 1:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i still use the huggies baby wash on my daughter, it can be used for hair & body and it's hard to find anything else that dosen't make her pretty curls frizzy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• When my son told me, "Mom, I don't want to smell all baby-ish, I'm a man!"
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My 6 year old still uses them. I have 2 younger kids, and its easier to buy one kind of soap and shampoo, than a diff. one for each of them.. When they really want to choose, I let them. But when I buy it, I get Johnsons hair and/or body wash.
    babyinafishbowl

Answer by babyinafishbowl at 2:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• only until 12months or so...my girls have such crazy thick hair that the baby stuff was not doing its job.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think I stopped with my oldest son when he was about 5. I don't really remember to be honest. He is now 7 and has been taking a shower by himself for a while and that's when I stopped---when he said "Mommy, I'm a boy, you're a girl. I need my privacy!" My youngest just turned 3 and sometimes I use regular body soap on him but not regular shampoo yet.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think my oldest was about 5, so the younger kids were 4 and 3. Before that we were mostly using samples my mil had given us. She worked in housekeeping at a hospital and when new moms didn't take that stuff home they gave it to her (or threw it out). She had 2 big crates full of baby shampoo, baby wash and lotion. When it ran out we got her Suave kids shampoo and have been using that since.
    My youngest started using it around the time she was 2. Before that I used an all in one shampoo/bath wash because I liked the smell.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Only when it stopped doing its job as well and I jut needed to save money so we all use the same kind.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:12 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• We all still use it. One of my Feline-American kids gets bathed regularly with the lavender baby shampoo and the vapor bath (yes, his vet knows) and because it's here, I can't keep my teenagers out of it.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 9:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• At around 2 or 3 for shampoo, but I used the bath stuff until it ran out. Baby shampoo stops working in our house as the kids get older because my DD's heads have very thick hair.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 9:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009