when to worry about crawling?

okay i know i should not worry yet, my son just turned 6 months, he is doing the whole, getting up on all fours and humping the ground type thing. but if he doesnt start to crawl when should i start to worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some babies never crawl and it's fine.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Some babies skip the crawling and go straight to walking. Its not uncommon. If he skoots and can pull himself up there is nothing to worry about.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Lol!!! Not for a while. My daughter is almost 10 months and not crawling yet. I am not worried. She has been a little wimp. Her muscles were noodles compared to my other two. She is slowly strengthening them and I think will be crawling before 11 months.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Try doing baby pullups with him everyday. That will help strengthen those arm muscles. Ultimately, its up to the baby when he will crawl. My daughter crawled at 4 months but my niece is 14 months and she never crawled and started walking by 10 months.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 1:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My son didn't crawl until 11 months. His pedi said at the 9 month visit they look for baby moving around, being able to get across the room, whether by rolling, crawling, army crawling, scooting, walking, it doesn't matter, just as long as he's getting there. As for crawling in particular, it might not happen at all, and it's nothing to worry about. Just as long as he's moving by 9 months like I said, and walking by (I think, ask the doc to be sure) 15 months or so, he's fine. :-)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My daughter has taken her sweet time at all the milestones. Late crawler, didnt walk until 15 mos. Very little talking now at 19 mos. But Very Bright - understands everything you ask her or she overhears. I was talking to her older brother about finding his shoes. Well she took off, and came back with them, before I finished asking him the questions.

Dont stress, it will come when they are ready. Let the doctor inform you if there is a major delay, and just bring it up at appointments, to be sure.
    babyinafishbowl

Answer by babyinafishbowl at 2:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• u dont worry...its not a milestone...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Calliesmommie is right, crawling is not considered a developmental milestone. As long as your baby is showing interest in his surroundings and making some kind of attempt to reach for things he wants and interacting with you and with his toys, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about. As previous posters said, some babies never crawl. No biggie :)
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 3:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my son just started crawling and he is almost a year old, but he only crawls if there is no furniture for him to cruse on!
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 3:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Never, crawling is not a milestone at all, some kids go straight to walking!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:27 AM on Jul. 28, 2009