How is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (the movie)?

I've read the books and seen the movies (except this one, yet), so feel free to be as specific/critical as you like.

DragonRiderMD

Asked by DragonRiderMD at 1:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Entertainment

• ugh! it was good but bad too. they left the WHOLE ending of the book out of the movie... they just abruptly ended the movie. I hated that. But everything else was okay
    Anonymous

• yes, I did. I thought that the story was kind of cheap. Unless someone is deep into Harry Potter (reads the books), then the saga would be more appreciated. But I take the movie value (one movie at a time, not the saga), and I didn't like the movie.

As for the story, I believe the whole is more powerful than the one. An old relic, Dumbledore, didn't need to die for evil for fulfill itself. Matter of fact evil could have been stronger otherwise.
    The goose that lays the golden eggs, no matter how thin the shell.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 1:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• The movies never do the books justice! I am really hoping that the seventh movies will be just as fantastic as the book, because they will have so much more time. I really think that if the directer for the 6th movie would have done the previous ones, the whole of them would be better. I think they did a terrible job on the fifth. The sixth movie focuses a lot on the relationships, but that is a big part of the book! Overall I think they did a good job!
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 3:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I hated it but I do read the books over and over I told my husband if I had never read the books then I might have been okay with the movie I hate the 5th and 6th movie ever since david yates has started directing I think they need a new director but thats not going to happen I hope the last two movies are better but this is my opinion some people liked it
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 4:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2009