I am currently 14 weeks along in a twins pregnancy. My issue is that I get really hungry, but nothing at all sounds appealing... what are some good food tips? It makes me nervous that I don't have a desire to eat, but the hunger and the NEED to eat is still there.. no morning sickness.. who can help?? Thanks!!

gemskye

Asked by gemskye at 1:35 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• While I'm not pregnant with twins and I did have morning sickness earlier in pregnancy, I can relate to NEEDING to eat but NOTHING sounding good. For me, keeping easy stuff on hand (such as fruit, veggie tray, lunch meat and leftovers) let me know I had no excuse not to eat. This way I picked the better of the "evils" and eat. I hope this helps.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 1:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Im the exact same way (except no twins lol) and I KNOW I need to eat and my stomach growls but nothing sounds appealing to me at all. I'm 12 weeks today and just got over morning sickness last week but still dont have the desire to eat anything. I basically have to force myself to eat and every once in awhile something WILL sound good so I'll stock up on that. For abut a week I lived on those chicken and mashed potato meals you microwave for 90seconds at WalMart. Rice krispy treats have been something IVe been eating to just to fill me up a little from time to time like if Im at work and feel hungry.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No morning sickness is great!

I would print out the Brewer Diet and try to fulfill the recommendations. Adequate protein intake is extremely important. My Bradley instructor recommended this book When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads, Revised...

I had pre-e with my first, so I included eggs and protein shakes in my daily diet with my second.

You can also keep frozen fruit, juice, and yogurt on hand for smoothies; those items keep for a long time.

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:36 PM on Jul. 27, 2009