How do I stop my cats from chewing cords and wires?

I have two cats(1 kitten and 1 adult) that love to chew on the wires/cords to my internet modem. They have chewed through a few and luckily I had other cords/wires around the house that worked(until they chewed through them) since I am unemployed and going to the store to buy more isnt an option. I spray them with water and yell "no" when I catch them. Now they are smart enough to wait until I am asleep to chew. I need tips and tricks on how to get them to stop chewing on cords and wires. I dont want them to get hurt and I am on my last cord(that I just had to borrow from my parents).

ICPclwnLOV

Asked by ICPclwnLOV at 1:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pets

• Gotta' Love Cats! LOL~! Well if you catch them at it. Try Scolding them No. Each time! If you catch them A Mister bottle Water & mistSpray Them while Saying No! Covering the Cords! Maybe Spraying them with a yucky Taste? Like Vinegar? I hope you find what works! I know Cats & Kittens Can do Sassy Things & still Look Cute!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:44 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Oh, and dont even suggest hitting them or getting rid of them. NOT GONNA HAPPEN EVER. Thanks.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 1:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009