Preganat how to stop smoking

With my first daughter it made me sick and I actually stopped before I found out I was pregnant. Now I just found out that I am pregnant and I am trying not to smoke but it is all I can think about. What should I do!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My hospital had a program to help expecting mothers quit smoking. Maybe yours has one too? Or maybe your doctor can give you something to help you quit? I haven't had to do it personally but I know men/women that have gone either to the doctor or this program to help them quit. Best of luck and good for you for doing this for your baby!
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• throw the pack way, dont buy anymore and stay away from people who do, if you S/O smokes, then hes plain being selfish and not really supportive. especially if he smokes infront of you. 2nd hand smoke is bad too. anyways, the best thing to do is not think about smoking, find a hobby to do, go for a walk, or look at all the birth defect babies on google from smoking moms. that should do it.
    Anonymous

• You know I smoked with all 4 of my kids and they are healthy. Don't stress yourself out too much about quitting, the baby doesn't need all that stress. We have a group here to support your choice to smoke...PM me!! No judgement, no bashing....
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• simple think of all the harm you can do to the baby. my friend smoked and her baby was a still born 24wks. she smoked with her second and he was born 28 wks and has some health problems. now am not saying this will ahppen tou u but you never know
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009