Should I call CPS?

I saw a mom of a 15 month old kick him. The thing is though he didn't cry but she didn't kick him like a soccer ball but she wasn't playing around but it was probably 5 times.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• That sounds excessive to me. After all at 15 months he's defenseless. You should just ask that they check out the home for possible abuse and leave it at that.
    Hurtnlostmom

Answer by Hurtnlostmom at 1:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• YES. PLease, log off CM and do it now.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 1:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• You are still reading answers... I thought I told you to log off and call!!
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 1:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Who kicks a baby or a child at all for that matter. I think that definitely qualifies as abuse.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• YES. I'm sure you'll get some "I was kicked and it never hurt me" crap, but that's wrong.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It is wrong!!! And if she did this in public where you could see her, what does she do in private? I would be very worried about the child. I think you should call CPS....this is abuse.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It seems really strange. She wasn't playing around but she didn't kick him hard enough to make him cry? What was the situation? Was she punishing him or kicking out of anger? If so, she needs counseling & this child needs protection. But please make sure that you know exactly what you saw. I will sometimes "kick" my kids but I do the kind of side flip of my leg & catch their bottom with the side of my foot. It is never hard & never hurts & they think it is funny. They try to do it back but are too short, lol.
    Anonymous

• I was standing right next to her. She kicked him because he was trying to take my daughter's shoe off while she was standing. She flat out kicked him in jabbing kicking motion. I know it was a kick. Sometimes I move my daughter with my foot but I have never been angry and screaming at her and kicked her.
    Anonymous

• uh YEA!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Jul. 28, 2009