When do you begin potty training? My daughter is now 15 months old.. and our twins are on the way... I would love to get her going big girl style before the babies arrive! I know it may vary, but any info. would be useful!! Thanks!!

gemskye

Asked by gemskye at 1:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is also 15 months and I am thinking about trying to train her next month when she will be home from daycare for a week. I potty trained my son a couple of months ago when he was 2 1/2, I just put him in his undies and he was trained in 4 days. The first two days were pretty hard but after that it was a breeze. I think I will try to do her the same way as him and hope for the best.

Good luck to you!
    Ashley53

Answer by Ashley53 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think it would be fine to start potty training a 15 month old provided she can walk well and communicate a little. A child her age is perfectly capable of learning to use a potty chair, just be patient and kind in your efforts. Parents cannot expect a child to learn a new skill without many teaching opportunities so don't be discouraged if it takes a while.
    xmum

Answer by xmum at 3:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Unless you have some burning desire to do this twice, I'd wait until after the twins are born. She's a bit young and the twins arrival will be a big change for her. This is likely to cause her to regress.. Personally, I'd hold off and not push it unless she's clearly ready and let her deal with one major change at a time.
    Anonymous

• Before 24 months they don't have the physical ability to train.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:53 PM on Jul. 27, 2009