• In the Spotlight:

Is it terrible to leave a 1 year old by himself with toys in a babyproof room all day except for feedings and diaper changes?

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 1:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• O.K. I know you and I know you are not doing this. If this is someone in your life it might be time for some sort of intervention. I hate to say CPS but something needs to change.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:51 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• uh yes, babies need to be around people and WATCHED
    Anonymous

• ALL DAY IMO yes. its not bad for an hour or two but i think all day without mommie ( except for feeedings and diaper changes) is a bit much.
    Anonymous

• Yes. Babies need interaction, its how they learn
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Not only is that terrible.. that is child abuse. The person that does this should be reported to CPS.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 1:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Why would anybody do that? Children need to be interacting with other people. That's how they learn social skills and that process needs to be started early. I don't know if isolating a child all day legally qualifies as abuse, but I certainly think that it qualifies morally and ethically.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• geez why would you do that? babies need their caregivers. locking them in a room like an animal is not even humane and you seriously have some mental problems if you do/did that
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• yes. that's neglectful, sort of. kids need company, I feel bad for the parent that thinks thats ok, they're going to have a kid w real issues later.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 1:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• slap nooooo! thats neglect

Anonymous

• Yes. Duh.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 27, 2009