After spending time on CM, many moms' I have noticed would say I'm a bad mom.

1. I formula fed.
2. I circumcised my son.
3. I don't co-sleep.
4. My son goes to daycare.
5. I let my son CIO for 2 days.
6. I let my son sleep through the night at 5-6 weeks.

Right now, I can't think of anymore. But I know there are at least 10 more things that I do that I get bashed for by moms on this site.

Thankfully, I'm not the type of person who will let it get me down. But I know with some parents, they can take it to heart, and I think it's amazing how rude some people can be just because they think they are right.

I know I'm a great mom because I do what is best for MY family. Not anyone elses. Everything I have done is for a reason and it has worked!

Anyone else feel this way? Even if you did everything the OPPOSITE of me, I'm sure you get bashed just as much! It's crazy how wonderful this place could be, but a lot of it is a bashfest!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• cool...
    Anonymous

• i'm sure i'd ge bashed too but it's my child, my choices to make
    1. i formula fed my dd, plan on doing the same with my son
    2. i will have him circumsized
    3. i did let my dd sleep in my room but in her own bed, now she's in her own room
    4. i don't like the crying it out "method" dosen't work for me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i FF. my nipples were flat and too small for him to latch, i pumped for a month, and no way im gonna buy someone elses mommy juice to feed my son.
    i circumsized.
    i cannot co-sleep i get so nervous
    my son has been CIO since he was 5 weeks old, hes 3 months n he knows better now
    i dont baby-wear,
    i started solids at 3 months
    i vaccinate

i really dont care if people say shiz to me i have my own opinions and i dont need anyone elses approval on how to raise my son,ecspecially someone on the internet that i will never meet.

don't let em get to u. and don't hid behind the anon button, be proud of who you are as a mother
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yeah, I use to want so much advice about being pregnant and about my baby girl and now I never ask advice on parenting issues. I make my own choices and I do what I want to do as a mother. Your never going to please everyone so who cares, it's your life and your children. Just remember no ones PERFECT!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:07 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I stay away from groups and places where the is a lot of bashing. I don't have time to waste reading posts putting people down. So thankfully I don't so a lot of that, some, but not a lot. I breastfed, co-slept when I was too tired to put the baby back in the cradle, cio when I was too tired to deal with it, sometimes baby wearing, and delay vaccines! Lol! Every kids is different and I don't think there is a best one size fits all when it comes to raisong babies. I will be glad to share what worked for us though!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Sorry for all the misspellings! The little blackberry buttons are hard to type on. :-)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:11 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• !. I only bf til my kids were 1, not 2 which apparently some organization who know better then me recommends

2. I co slept

3. My sons aren't circed, which gets as much flack as babies who are

4. I used a child harness in crowded places, which apparently equates my kids to dogs

5. I work full time outside the home

6. I spank my son when he needs it

I know there are a lot of people out there who are convinced their way is the only but the bashing does get ridiculous! My kids are alive, happy and healthy so I must be doing something right. And as long as we believe we are doing right by our kids, we shouldn't worry about how other people decide to parent.

momof3jll

Answer by momof3jll at 2:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yup...I too try to stay away from groups that all they do is bash other moms. Its so annoying to me that we as moms try to teach our kids to be nice and repectful but we can't ourself do that. I don't get it. Why try to put someone down,what do you get out of it? Feeling better about yourself then thats just sad. Thats why I love the scrapbooking groups....no bashing just having fun.
    I formula-fed...he wouldn't latch on
    i didn't circumsize,which yes gets just as much crap
    I vaccinate
    I never co-sleep unless he is sick
    I let him have a bottle past 1...almost 2( he gets a sippy durning the day)
    Every parent thinks differently. it should only matter what both parents think of how to raise THEIR child not anyone else's.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I guesss I am a bad mom too. LOL. But who is to say with any authority what makes a mom a good mom? Just love your kids,feed them healthy food, take them for check-ups, let them grow up loving school. AND teach them to be kind and unprejudiced. Any other items are incidental and ....please don't worry so much. :-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Hmmm....I am a MawMaw now, so lots of the "rules" have changed....but I do respect whatever my dd and dil decide is best for their babies. I am the MawMaw not the mom.
    I vaccinated
    I circimsised
    I FF
    I co-slept sometimes
    I CIO sometimes
    I used a leash, once
    I public schooled
    I smoked---big bashing topid there! lol
    I used time-out
    I spanked--sometimes
    I private school---a bit
    I delayed driving til 18

I became a MawMaw at 35!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009