At what age did you ladies potty train your little ones? Are they boys or girls?

belljaz

Asked by belljaz at 2:02 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• 1 and a half years for my boys and for my girls they learned it on there own at about 1 year.
    Anonymous

• my dd was a little over 2
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have only potty trained my oldest so far. He was just about 2 1/2.
    Anonymous

• Both of my boys trained right around 2.5. I waited til they were ready, they trained pretty quickly and we didn't have the fight/struggle so many parents complain of.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My first born we started at about one year. He was very quick to catch on and would hold it forever. He has been slow to talk and until just this past month (now 3 years) would not tell us when he needed to go, so if we forgot. . . With 2nd born, he has been sitting on the potty for about 5 or 6 months now, since he turned 2. He only this last week has started doing anything on the potty!!! Yay! With our 3rd, she was accidentally started at 8 months. She was really constipated while we were on vacation and I put her on the toilet. After a week of doing stinks on the toilet she started peeing too!! I didn't dare stop. I would say she holds it about 75% of the time and we use about 3 diapers a day.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My son is potty training right now. He is 3 years old and we waited till he was ready. No fuss, hardly any accidents,stress-free. We have been going for 3 weeks and he is now telling us when he has to go before he goes.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• We pt'd ds at 20 months. I really think it's easier before age two.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 2:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Daughter was PTed at 2yrs 3months. She did it on her own and in 2 days.
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 2:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I did it at 3 years old with my first son. I wanted to much sooner but he wasn't ready so I just waited til he was at 3 and it was quick and simple. Now my second son is just over a year old and he is getting familiar with the potty already and has even pooped in it once. I think he will be trained by 2. He has his big brother to look up to though.
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 2:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I waited until all mine turned 3. It only took a few days at that age.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009