Obama??

Barack Obama - Narcissist or Merely Narcissistic?

Sam Vaknin, Ph.D. - 8/13/2008

Barack Obama appears to be a narcissist. Granted, only a qualified mental health diagnostician (which I am not) can determine whether someone suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and this, following lengthy tests and personal interviews. But, in the absence of access to Barack Obama, one has to rely on his overt performance and on testimonies by his closest, nearest and dearest.

Narcissistic leaders are nefarious and their effects pernicious. They are subtle, refined, socially-adept, manipulative, possessed of thespian skills, and convincing. Both types equally lack empathy and are ruthless and relentless or driven.

Perhaps it is time to require each candidate to high office in the USA to submit to a rigorous physical and mental checkup with the results made public

more below at link

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• Thank you - I'm not shocked at the thought.

And watching dozens of his colleagues (as well as Republican politicians, of course) it is easy to detect this kind of personality distortion.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:25 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It would seem.

The description may meaningless to certain people, though.

Kool aid induced stupor and those with nothing to lose.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Was this discussed a few months ago? I saw it on Urban Ledgends....SNOPES, also and this is one guy's Blog, nothing to worry about.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Not a suprise to me. Of course he also fits a psychopathic disorder.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Wow so maybe if I add a PhD to the end of my name like this douche-bag did and get certified by some website, I can diagnose some of you silly fools who fall for this stuff? My first diagnosis would be:  extremely gullible! 

The author is NOT A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. The author is certified in Psychological Counseling Techniques by Brainbench.http://samvak.tripod.com/#Warning%20and%20Disclaimer

Seriously! Get a life, if this is what you are spending all day doing.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 2:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• H estated he is not a mental health pro in the thing so you are not pointing anything out lol.
    Anonymous

• anon :47, yeah,but that's the only argument she can come up with. Since she knows it's true of our "president",as much as anyone, she thinks she's being cute. Hate to burst her bubble there,but she's not, "cute",she just looks silly.
    Anonymous

• I can see where a psychological evaluation as well as a physical would be a good idea for all people who are going into politics. Maybe we could keep some of the greedy and crazy people out of office.
    Anonymous

• OIC So you question marks just like to read the weightless opinion of some dude for shits and giggles huh? Get a hobby.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 7:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009