I live with my mother and she HATES my babys father and refuses to let him come see me! What do I say to her to convince her to let him at least see me? IM PREGNANT WITH HIS SON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I still live with my mother because Im trying to get on my feet because Im having trouble with my pregnancy and I cant really work. Heres my problem, My mother HATES my boyfriend/babys father. Im 6 months pregnant and She wont even let him come over anymore let alone stay the night!!! I cant go to his house because he smokes in it and it makes me really sick so he has to come over here or I dont get to see him!!! What do I tell her to convince her to let him stay? Or at least see me? I am really upset so if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• also, you could try having a sit-down with the 3 of you and talk to find out what the problem is...maybe if it is a 2 againt 1 situation, she'll give in a little easier
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think you should tell your mom that like it or not that he is the father of her grandchild and that no matter how hard she tries to prevent him from seeing you that its not going to change. You need to be firm with her as well. You're carrying HIS baby and he has a right to see you. If she doesn't want to except that then I suggest telling your bf to stop smoking or smoke outside so that he can be there for you. Best of luck!!
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Why can't you guys go meet somewhere? Get a hotel? Why can't he stop smoking if he KNOWS it makes you sick and he can't come to your house? He's not going to be able to smoke if he has the baby there. He needs to get used to it now. You're not a prisoner in your mom's home.
    Anonymous

• 1.) why can't you work? and 2..its really inconsiderate that your boyfriend wont quit smoking in the house just while your there. You are pregnant with his child and he should care about that and if he wanted to see you bad enough wouldn't you think he would step outside while your there? Why can't you move in with him since living with your mom is obviously not working? Just some thoughts. Even though you feel your mom is being unfair...it is her house and she makes the rules so if you don't like it then you'll have to move out
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• How old are you?
    Anonymous

• Dump the guy. If you get deathly sick when you go over there then the relationship is doomed in the first place. You can meet in a park of restraunt for him to see his kid. It's your moms house and her rules on who comes over.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Honestly the first problem is your man can't stop smoking enough for you to be able to go to his house. That seriously selfish and does bode well for his potential as a father.

Second maybe this is one of many reasons your mother objects to him. Have you tried asking her what her issues are? Has he made any attempts to resolve this issues with your mother?

I think you should start with working things out and then move on to your desire to have him over.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Why does your mother feel this way? Maybe she has good reasons for being this way. You are her dd, I'm sure she feels she is protecting you in some way. Be an adult and sit down with her and discuss this. Tell her how you feel and tell her why you feel your babies father is a good man and will be a good father. I'm sure you mom is just concerned for you and her unborn grandchild.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• OP HERE:

thank you jazi115 and robinann5 for actually answering my freaking question!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous