Help! 6 month old won't sleep in his crib at night!

My 6 month old will sleep in his crib for naps without a problem. At night though, we'll put him down to sleep at 7:15pm and he'll be wide awake at 7:45pm and not go back to sleep until I bring him into bed with me (where he's been sleeping since birth). I really want to get a good night's sleep and hate the thought of listening to him cry....any suggestions?

SandyScott13

Asked by SandyScott13 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have u tried staying with him in his room until he goes back to sleep?
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I have tried and I think that makes it worse for him. If he sees/smells me, he screams harder!
    SandyScott13

Answer by SandyScott13 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I've heard that they shouldn't nap where they sleep but my daughter still sleeps with us....anyway, try napping him somewhere else. on your bed (with you in the room of course) or in a playpen, that way he won't associate the crib with short sleep.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• BTW...the book "The No cry, sleep solution' is a great book =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2009