CIRCUMCISIONSCARS ANDADHESIONS

I AM CONCERNED ABOUT LARGE CIRCUMCISION SCARS AND SKIN ADHESIONS TO GLANS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does your child have these or are you scared that he will have these? What is your question?
    Anonymous

• there is no large incision to make a scar...you can't even notice it unless someone totally botches it....if you go to a pediatric urologist who does them often, ti will look fine...and the adhesions usually come from NOT being circed if you dont know how to care for it....if he has scars after a circ then you should talk to your doctor...if it's done correctly youwon't see a scar.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:47 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Just don't circ and u will have nothing 2 worry about
    Anonymous

• well if u look closely at anymans penis there is usually a fine line that circles near the head. U can usually only c it when it erect.
    Anonymous

• Oh please anon...that wasn't her question....some people want to circ and some don't . why can't the moms on here support other moms and answer their questions without throwing in their 2 cents. sheesh!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• U don't know that that wasn't her question. U threw ur 2 cents in. I can as well.
    Anonymous

• I AM WORRIED THAT HE WILL HAVE A LARGE CIRCUMCISION SCAR AND ADHESIONS
    THAT WILL CAUSE DISCOMFORT AND MAKE HIM SELFCONSIOUS
    SUSIEMAE406

Answer by SUSIEMAE406 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I think I answered that...didn't I ? make sure you go to a pediatric urologist and he should be just fine....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Well, have you researched both sides? Are you sure you want to circ? If so, then that might be an issue you are going to have to deal with. Its something you wont know until it happens. If you circ and he does have scars will you be okay with that?
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 3:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• As far as I know (2 boys and a husband) there is no circumcision scar. Adhesions are possible of course. If you decide to do it, then just keep it pushed back at every diaper change. Make sure its clean, and youll be good. Its nothing to get worked up over and get paranoid about. My son actually did have an adhesion and his doc fixed it in one little push. Kina annoying, but it was really no big deal. Research both sides, talk to mature moms that have experienced it and make an informed decision. Thats all anyone can do. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009