I have two children 9 yo and 1 yo one BF and one FF...Do you have the same situation?

The same situation where one or more of your children are/were BF and the others are/were FF.

The youngest the baby of the family is the one I'm breastfeeding.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, its very common. My first and my last were FF and my middle two were BF. After I BF my third child, I had a breast reduction and it wasnt possible to BF my last. Too much tissue removed. I wanted to, but I came to terms with it. As you grow and get older, you learn and change and its common to FF the first and then try BF. You get better and better with each child.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Are you saying your 9-year old is drinking formula? Aren't they a little old for that?
    Anonymous

• I formula fed my first two after a week of bf. They are 10 and 9 now. My youngest is 16 months and he is almost self weaned. Never touched an ounce of formula for him.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 3:14 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My oldest was FF, my youngest was BF til he was 5 months old. If I were to ever have any more children, I would bf as long as I could.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Wow, some people shouldn't procreate (that was not directed at OP). Anyway, in answer to your question, my 9 year old and first son was BF until 4 months then FF, my 6 year old was BF until almost 6 months and then FF, my 4 year old was BF for almost 2 months and then FF and the baby is almost 13 months and still BF and never had formula.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It's okay, no one will ever know your kids were fed differently as infants.
    Anonymous

• My older two were FF, and my little one (12 months) is still BFing.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Yes, I BFed my DD1 (now 9) and my DD2 (who is almost 2) never took to the breast, and while I wasn't successful with her, I ended up FFing her. I'm pregnant with #3, and plan on BFing.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 5:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009