Torticellis? Has anyone ever been told their baby has this and if so how did they treat it and what was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you mean torticollis? No I haven't.
    Anonymous

• My daughter had it and started physical therapy at 2 months. She went to PT for 4 weeks and now she has full range of motion in her neck. It is a lot of at home work with the stretches. Some babies have to have more PT and some less. She no longer holds her head to one side and can move it all around. Tummy time is KEY in helping your baby. Babies with torticollis tend to hate tummy time and can only stand it for a min or two at first. Just keep trying to get longer and longer times out of your baby. Babies with torticollis tend to have positional plagiocephaly which just means flat spot on the head. It can round back when they start getting more mobile and not on thier backs as much but some babies have to get a helmet to wear to round out the head. If you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer. Just shoot me a message.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:42 PM on Jul. 27, 2009