biting son! help

my son is nine months and bites very thing and one. he things its a game and i cant get him to stop.

Saria87

Asked by Saria87 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's probably getting some teeth and it feels good to him. after working with this age in a daycare for two years the best suggestion i have is when he does make sure you firmly say no biting. them offer him something else to chew on. there are plenty of teething toys out there. another thing that works...i gave my son a cooled full size carrot to gnaw. frozen waffles are good because they dissolve well in babies mouth so you dont have to worry about choking. a cooled (not frozen) washcloth also works for some babies. just keep experimenting with different things until you find what works for him.
    if its not teeth, then thats how he's working out frustration. again tell him no biting and remove him from situation. a good one is putting in crib for a little alone time.
    good luck!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I bit my son back, I told him no a few times, he thought it was funny. Not so much after he felt what I was feeling. He never bit anyone again.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 3:27 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• My husband also bit our son back and he never bit again. I could not bring myself to do it.
    J.P

Answer by J.P at 3:39 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Bite him back.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• he is so young- DON'T BITE HIM BACK that will make it worse & you would be giving him the wrong message. look at him in the eyes and firmly say no biting, biting hurts
    also keep an eye out maybe he is teething or maybe someone is play biting him
    " umm baby tastes good" if so no more play biting-
    if he was 18 months I would say bite him back (maybe), but hard enough to leave a mark...
    but he is only 9 months old
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:49 PM on Jul. 27, 2009