Has anyone ever had any experiences with their baby and torticollis?

If so please share what you know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter had it and started physical therapy at 2 months. She went to PT for 4 weeks and now she has full range of motion in her neck. It is a lot of at home work with the stretches. Some babies have to have more PT and some less. She no longer holds her head to one side and can move it all around. Tummy time is KEY in helping your baby. Babies with torticollis tend to hate tummy time and can only stand it for a min or two at first. Just keep trying to get longer and longer times out of your baby. Babies with torticollis tend to have positional plagiocephaly which just means flat spot on the head. It can round back when they start getting more mobile and not on thier backs as much but some babies have to get a helmet to wear to round out the head. If you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer. Just shoot me a message.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• They sent my son and I to a physical therapist at 2.5 months. The pt gave me stretches to do with my son at home. They were easy enough and took hardly any time. He is now 8 months and although if his head falls while sleeping it will still go to that one side you can't tell otherwise. Good luck
    J.P

Answer by J.P at 3:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009