Anyone ever feel jealous with the way the SO treats the baby over them?

I wonder if I'm the only one that feels this way, but ever since my DD has been born my SO treats me as if I'm non-existant now. Comes home from work and kisses the baby and plays with her w/o even acknowledging me sometimes. It kills me cuz I know he loves her and I .... but how can I stop feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him, and get a sitter once in a while! Just tell him, but don't whine when you do.. ;)
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 3:23 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• He's probably very excited for the new addition. just do like said above let him know you're feeling a little left out.
    sometimes i feel the baby loves DH better, can be screamin for me all day soon as daddy walks in, he's all smiles. grrrrr
    lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Geeze Im pregnant and I am scared of this same thing!! Im sorry but I think that everyone goes through this.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• i feel the same way but i feel sad that we have 2 boys and a girl and he pays attention more to my daughter than his 2 boys. that gets me mad because when my son (2) do something he gets introuble but not my daughter. he's to easy on her but im easy on my son
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 3:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I've never felt this way. I'm grateful my kids have a dad who loves them and cares for them. But if this is something that really bothers you, you need to talk to him. I don't think you can just stop feeling this way. But as an above poster said, don't get whiny about it.
    Anonymous

• I was never jealous of my husband's affections for our children. To the contrary, I always saw it as a very positive thing. The children are grown now, and they still adore their daddy. I think you should be counting your blessings.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:58 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I've never felt jealous of any of our 4 children, but my husband has. I agree that it is a blessing, but if you're having negative feelings, you should definitely have a conversation about it with your husband. He may be more understanding than you may think.
    dfearless

Answer by dfearless at 4:05 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• my SO tells me he loves our baby more than me. I'm ok w/that except when he treats me and other ppl like shit and then starts loving all over the baby. I tell him that just bcuz he's nice to the baby doesn't mean he'll be ok when his mom is treated like crap. he's too stupid to realize that.
    Anonymous

• just tell himmmmmm
    Anonymous