Is pest control safe for newborns?

I just started seeing roaches in the house and am so totally disgusted that I want someone to come treat them now, but I'm concerned about them spraying chemicals in the house with a 3 week old baby.

atoler

Asked by atoler at 3:26 PM on Jul. 27, 2009 in Health

• No, poisons are not safe. Have them spray outside, not inside. You can get roach motels and whatnot if you need to, but make sure baby can't get to them.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 3:32 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• Call and ask the company. There are some that are "acceptable" if you have a child (not that I think ANY poison is ok, but better than the risk of disease carried by roaches) There are also some newer "no spray" methods.
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 3:34 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No, it isn't safe. That is why you need to be out of the house when it is sprayed or they do a bug bomb. Ask about they have that is safe to be around children.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• No no no no. Look into organic/chemical free bug killers. Work for me.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 27, 2009